Friday, June 15, 2012

Big Ears: omnibus edition

At the Basel Art Fair: 

“What’s the situation with that mark on the wall?” 
“That’s accidental. It was not made by the artist.” 
…

“I haven’t been able to get five minutes with Mark for years.” 
…

“I like to buy my art fast. Yesterday I bought a Dubuffet pretty fast.” 
… 

“So he was a dealer?” 
“Yes. He was very active for a while, but not active so much now.” 
“Not interesting then?” 
“Not interesting.” 
 … 

"Of course she ended up suing me.”
 …

 “Have you seen the Koons?” 
“No. Is it good?” 
“It’s Koons.” 
 … 

"We live next door to Leonardo DiCaprio. He lives with his mother. Did you know that?”
  … 

“Basel is just days without food and sleep so far as I’m concerned.” 
… 

“I said it was eight thousand bucks and he offered seven, so I told him ‘we’re not having this conversation.’” 
… 

“So he bought this Franz West sculpture and didn’t even know it came with a car. He thought he was just buying a group of sculptures. When they delivered it to him they said, ‘where do you want the car?’ Hard to believe huh!” 
“But true?” 
“But true.” 
… 

“I’m just going to go over there and pat the dog.”