Friday, June 15, 2012

Big Ears: omnibus edition

At the Basel Art Fair: 

“What’s the situation with that mark on the wall?” 
“That’s accidental. It was not made by the artist.” 

“I haven’t been able to get five minutes with Mark for years.” 

“I like to buy my art fast. Yesterday I bought a Dubuffet pretty fast.” 
… 

“So he was a dealer?” 
“Yes. He was very active for a while, but not active so much now.” 
“Not interesting then?” 
“Not interesting.” 
 … 

"Of course she ended up suing me.”
 …

 “Have you seen the Koons?” 
“No. Is it good?” 
“It’s Koons.” 
 … 

"We live next door to Leonardo DiCaprio. He lives with his mother. Did you know that?”
  … 

“Basel is just days without food and sleep so far as I’m concerned.” 
… 

“I said it was eight thousand bucks and he offered seven, so I told him ‘we’re not having this conversation.’” 
… 

“So he bought this Franz West sculpture and didn’t even know it came with a car. He thought he was just buying a group of sculptures. When they delivered it to him they said, ‘where do you want the car?’ Hard to believe huh!” 
“But true?” 
“But true.” 
… 

“I’m just going to go over there and pat the dog.”