The collection at the MMK in Frankfurt sure keeps the staff busy. Apart from turning on the many videos, projectors, lights etc. there are a number of tasks specific to the works it currently has on display in its 20th anniversary exhibition.
- Changing the candle for the video installation One candle by Nam June Paik
- Ordering a new arrangement of fresh flowers in muted tones for a large floral arrangement work by Jeroen de Rijke and Willem de Rooij
- Keeping track of the location of the Odradek, an enigmatic object associated with a Jeff Wall light box work based on the Kafka story The Cares of a Family Man
- Showing a pearl to selected visitors as part of a performance piece Two shells by Massimo Bartolini
- Organising someone to lie down in Gregor Schneider’s installation N. Schmidt.
- Replenishing the customised pencils in Siah Armajani's Sacco & Vanzettil-Lesenraum
- Arranging a dancer to perform on Sturtevant’s version of Felix Gonzalez-Torres's work “Untitled” (Go-Go Dancing Platform)
- Replacing the lemon on the Joseph Beuys edition Capri Battery
Image: A body intrudes into the space in Gregor Schneider’s installation N. Schmidt. Real or mannequin? Only the curators know.