Monday, October 08, 2007

Warning, warning, Will Robinson

“I go to shows and galleries and I don't think I am a lazy sod. But I hear what John is saying and working in a public institution (despite my half a brain) I can also hear what Chris is saying. I find that it is one of the most frustrating and difficult positions to be in, not because I have half a brain, because I have a whole one. In my position, I am fully aware of the structures in place that contain and control both acquisitions and curatorship that I am actually interested in. At the end of the day, budgets and the local council have the ultimate say.
I at the end of the day, am fully aware of my predicament and my inability for get blood out of stone, but my kids are eating.
I like people... fuck that is such wrong quality for a curator to have!”
Anonymous curator posting as Hedwig on artbash